Sunday, June 22, 2008

Singapore Food Fest - Part 1


feast1
Originally uploaded by cutejoos

My latest sojourn to Singapore last month proved to be the ultimate food fest/ gluttony parade in all my years of visiting this island nation. After 4 days and 3 nights of non-stop eating I do believe that my system had Singapore food overload, I was actually ready to come home, or at least my stomach was. Travelling with 4 or 5 foodies like me to Singapore meant that we were able to order a lot of different stuff at one go, unlike before when it was just me & Sg friends SL or LW, I would feel quite frustrated that I couldn't order everything that i wanted to try. After a delay with our flight we got to Singapore ready to chow down, we got directions from the hotel concierge on the whereabouts of the nearest good hawker place and he recommended one near the Esplanade. We decided to do a leisurely walk towards the area since it was still quite early for dinner, we hadn't even walked 5 mins. yet when we saw the tempting oily delights of Old Chang Kee, a food stall chain found all over Singapore that sells fried snacks ranging from meat pies, fried seafood balls, fried sotong (squid) etc. Let's just say we were there awhile, we tried almost everything on display. And yet we did not stuff ourselves silly, we controlled the urge since we knew we had to be ready for the main event. Good thing though that the hawker place was a bit hard to find, we got lost a bit so by the time we found the place we were quite famished already. Needless to say the above photo is everything we ordered. To think this was just Day 1!!!

No comments: